Of coffee and maps

My reading list on GIS has been a bit full so I tried to catch up over the weekend. 
On my plate are OSM data and political boundaries of Ph. I wonder what to map next, I want something close to my heart so I chose coffee.

I mapped all the hot and cold spots of cafe in the Philippines and clipped in a city-level polygon boundary. I then used Anselin Moran's I statistic to identify outliers in the clusters of cafe all over the country. Points below shows high negative z-values which means there are significantly high number of cafe in the following cities while it's neighborhood has significantly low number of cafe. 

That interests me. Gives me more reason to look forward visiting those cities next. Of the 5 clusters, I have only been to Baguio and I must attest that cafe in that city has set the bar. I love the coffee that complements the cold weather.

Now I wonder how the other outlier locations were also an output of the analysis. I must discover it myself...

Now wondering where is are the high clusters of cafe in the country along with it's neighbors? Manila and neighboring provinces. Not quite a surprise. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Open Street Map data (i.e.shapefiles etc.) for the Philippines

Free Philippine Administrative Boundaries shapefile

University of the Philippines Diliman Campus